Certificate III in Driving Operations (TLI31210)
This program is designed for employees who are drivers in the road transport industry. They are responsible for their vehicle, their safety and fatigue management and provide transport of goods from supplier to supplier or supplier to vendor. Drivers can operate in urban, regional and long-haul delivery routes in a range of vehicles.
What will participants learn?
- Occupational health and safety procedures
- Fatigue management techniques
- Load handling
- Vehicle inspection
- Navigation and route planning
- Customer service
- Workplace communications
- Working effectively with others
What are the benefits?
- Become a better job candidate
- Formalise workplace skills
- Become a more efficient driver
- Learn safer work practices
- Nationally accredited qualification
Is my organisation eligible for government funding?
Depending on your or organisation's situation, you may be eligible to receive government funding. The funding may cover part or the full cost of the program. Contact us to find out more about this opportunity.
Can work experience be recognised?
The skills and knowledge gained during a career can be credited towards getting a formal qualification. Known as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), the scheme can be used to gain a full or part qualification. Contact us for more information.
How will participants be assessed?
To gain the qualification participants will have to pass a number of practical and workplace (or simulated workplace) assessments. The assessments for this course are based on both formal and informal processes as required by the government.
This program is made up of twenty units of competency:
- TLID1001A: Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE1005A: Carry out basic workplace calculations
- TLIF1001A: Follow occupational health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010A: Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIH2001A: Interpret road maps and navigate pre-determined routes
- TLIL1001A: Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
- TLILIC2016A: Licence to drive heavy rigid vehicle
Job Role Units
- TLIA1001A: Secure cargo
- TLIB2004A: Carry out vehicle inspection
- TLIB2008A: Carry out inspection of trailers
- TLID2004A: Load and unload goods/cargo
- TLIE2008A: Process workplace documentation
- TLIE3004A: Prepare workplace documents
- TLIE3012A: Consolidate manifest documentation
- TLIC3004A: Drive heavy rigid vehicle
- TLID3015A: Identify and label explosives and dangerous goods
- TLIE1003A: Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIF2006A: Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIG1001A: Work effectively with others
- TLIK2010A: Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
Why study with us?
- Experienced RTO
- CBD located training centres
- Qualified trainers
- Payment plan available