Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40211)
Who is this program for?
The bookkeeping course is designed to help you become a professional bookkeeper using the MYOB package. This program teaches the skills needed to deliver professional bookkeeping services and is suitable for those looking to establish a career in the bookkeeping industry. This program is also suitable for existing bookkeepers who need the qualification to become registered BAS agent.
What is bookkeeping?
Every business is required by law to record the financial transactions of a business. Australian law requires businesses to report their taxation obligations with a BAS statement (Business Activity Statement). This Bookkeeping course is the first step to becoming a qualified BAS agent.
What will I learn?
- Establish and maintain both cash and accrual accounting systems
- Carry out business activity and installment activity statement tasks
- How to use the MYOB software
- Establish a payroll system
- Prepare financial statements
- Maintain asset and inventory records
- General bookkeeping and financial industry competencies
What are the benefits?
- Register as an accredited Bookkeeper (this Certificate is a requirement)
- Learn a skill needed by every business
- Work from home
- Nationally accredited qualification
- MYOB Student Edition CD
- Learn the MYOB software
- Ability to study the bookkeeping course online
Am I eligible for government funding?
Depending on your individual (or organisation's) situation, you may be eligible to receive government funding for the bookkeeping course (FNS40211). The funding may cover part or the full cost of the program. To find out more about this opportunity speak to one of our consultants on 1300 884 261.
Can my work experience be recognised?
The skills and knowledge gained during your career can be credited towards getting a formal qualification. Known as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), the scheme can be used to gain a full or part qualification. To find out if your work experience applies, call us on 1300 884 261.
How will I be assessed?
To gain the qualification in bookkeeping you will have to pass a number of practical and workplace (or simulated workplace) assessments. The assessments for this course are based on both formal and informal processes as required by the government.
This program is made up of 9 core and 4 elective units of competency:
- Prepare financial reports
- Design and produce business documents
- Participate in OHS processes
- Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Establish and maintain a payroll system
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relevant to bookkeeping activities
- Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
- Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Make decisions in a legal context
- Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
Why study with us?
- Experienced RTO
- CBD located training centres
- Qualified trainers
- Flexible study options (online, classroom and on-site)
- Payment plan available
- MYOB Training
|Qualification||Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40211)|
|Enrolment dates||See class dates |
|Campus||Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Online|
|Fees & Funding ||Funding available* |
Call us on 1300 884 261
|Entry Requirements||Intermediate computer skills|
* Funding varies per individual's circumstances, call us for a quote today on 1300 884 261.
Successful completion of this qualification may lead to career opportunities such as:
- BAS Agent
- Entry level accountant
Please call to discuss on 1300 884 261